I'm pretty proud to say that I actually finished my December Daily this year. I have tried it several times, but I never made it through. This year I bought the Stocking Stuffer kit from Scraptastic in an attempt to make it as easy on myself as I could. This is a picture of the entire kit that I started with:
What I have left is 3 of the official cards that just didn't fit for me, but keep in mind I added four cards from other monthly kits I had. I have a small stack of cards made from the paper pack, that's all that's left of that. I either tossed or used the scraps of 2x6 pieces I cut off. A lot of transparencies left as they're not something I reach for. Just a bit of the glitter ribbon left since I tried to use it a lot. 2 wood veneer, one paperclip, and a small mix of the two sequins in that baggie at the bottom. A small pile of both cut apart pieces and Chic tag pieces. I used all of the cut apart numbers, but some of the phrases were duplicates or they didn't fit. 3 of the 4 flair pieces, I'm not in the habit of using flair and I wasn't enamoured with the two patterned ones. Lastly just a few stickers left from the 12x12 sticker sheet and phrase sticker sheets. The only thing I didn't use really at all were the letter stickers because I just don't like letter stickers.
What I learned from this is what I will and won't use in a project like this. I learned that I don't like pocket pages in such a small format (or really in general). While I liked filling them, sort of, I don't like how difficult it is to get things to be the proper size and how when I look through the album I am afraid the cards are gong to come out. I learned that there are things I just won't reach for, even if they're there. I used the little cards, the phrase tags, and the phrase stickers, but transparencies and letters? No. I learned that even if I make a 6x8 album next year I can make almost the whole thing out of 3x4 and 4x6 cards from just a 6x6 paper pack. I learned that next year, with a project like this under my belt, I could probably put it together myself instead of a kit. However I also learned that I can pretty successfully "kill" a kit if I stick with the project and that a kit is essentially hassle free.
All in all I actually enjoyed this project, doing it this way, and adding my own little pieces. I think I will definitely do this project again, maybe in more of a traditional layout/PL sense, but it made me enjoy the month of December, the winter holiday season in general, and I'm very proud to have completed this project and to share it with you.